Alan's solo this week and most of Europe is on holiday so unless you're talking about a certain EV company there's no news. It's a short show...Read More
This is the place for all our regular, weekly Motoring Podcast episodes. "Non-audio Specials" are on our Blog page.
You can subscribe via iTunes, Pocket Casts, Stitcher and our personal favourite Overcast as well. If you do, please rate and leave comments as it gives us feedback and helps push us up the ratings on those sites. Our "raw" RSS feed is available here.
Volkswagen invite BMW’s Duesmann to the Board, FCA move quickly to replace Sergio Marchionne following news of his serious ill health, 157GB of automotive manufacturing sensitive data held on public servers, E10 petrol consultation opened in UK, Detroit Motorshow moves to June, Ofgem outlines suggestions on how to cope with expected rise in EV charging numbers, DVLA asking drivers to retake eye tests, Vauxhall/Opel return to profit, Techeetah partners with DS Formula E team for next season, Christopher Svensson looses battle with cancer, Dambrosio named new Mitsubishi Executive Design Director, Lunchtime Read: How to Service a Lexus LFA, List of the Week: France’s Luxury Barges, And Finally: Liberty Walks GT-R.Read More
After being underwhelmed by a box-fresh, automatic example at the UK launch of the facelifted Subaru BRZ earlier int he year, Alan finally got his hands on a manual example. The big question everyone asked him, both online and in person, was how it stacked up against his daily-driver MX-5 ND...Read More
This week's show is "Alan Only" so it's a short one...
Follow Up - Uber vs. Waymo, the stand-off continues
Follow Up - Maddox Yellow is now "a thing"
100 yellow cars paraded through the village of Bibury in the Cotswolds at the weekend in support of 84-year-old retired dentist Peter Maddox, who's yellow Corsa was vandalised for "ruining" tourist's photos when parked outside his house. Vauxhall has shown their support by renaming the colour to "Maddox Yellow". More from Autoblog.
London Taxi Company build new Warwickshire Factory
The first new U.K. Vehicle factory for over a decade has been built for London Taxi Company via parent company Geely. More from Autocar.
Tesla more Valuable Than Ford
Tesla’s market cap valuation exceeded that of Ford today following a 7% rise in share value brought about by the announcement that Tesla had delivered 25,000 cars in Q1 of 2017. More from BBC News.
Mexico E-Prix Summary
The Mexico City E-Prix was a chaotic display of skills, spills and overtaking, with Lucas di Grassi working his way from last on the grid to first. Also, Sergio Marchionne has said some stuff. Race report from Motorsport.com, Sergio statements from Jalopnik.
Daily Diesel Toxin Tax
The UK Government is expected to announce a £20 charge on drivers of older diesel vehicles to enter up to 35 sites in the UK. Hooray. More from Autocar.
Alan’s Top 5 Motoring April Fools
- Still or sparkling Mirai
- BMW i3 Chameleon Edition
- Hyundai’s “Click to Fly”
- Bad Obsession show how to repair a mug with a welder
- PistonHeads to build the ultimate driver’s destination
REAR VIEW PODCAST
Don't forget the new show from the team at Motoring Podcast, Rear View, where we talk to fascinating people from the motoring universe. To go listen to the episodes already released on iTunes click here.
TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ALAN AND ANDREW...
This week Andrew’s off-grid so it’s an Alan-only show. Don’t think that means there’s less content though...
- Italy Announces Volkswagen Fines for #Dieselgate
- Tesla 2nd Quarter Results - More Missed Predictions
- SMMT New Registration Numbers for July
- Renault Becomes Europe’s Second-Biggest-Selling Manufacturer
- Aston Martin DB11 - Reviews Have Hit The News Stands
- Alpine - SUV a Possibility
- Hackers Do It Again - More Jeep Hacks to Be Announced
- Faraday Future Snatch Another EV Powertrain Expert
- New Fuel Cell Vehicle Acronym From Nissan
- Japan Approves Mirrorless Cars
- UK To Host Autonomous Vehicle Track Days
Andrew's away this week so it's an Alan-only headlines show this week. There are precious few of them so he also talks about what he drove at the SMMT Drive Day on Thursday last week.
VW E-Golf Updates Coming Soon
Volvo: Manufacturers should accept responsibility for their autonomous vehicles
New Megane Range and Prices Released
SMMT Drive DayRead More
As ever, Alan and Andrew grab the week's motoring news and give it a dashed-good shake!
Covered this week:-
- Alan's though some more about tasteful Ferrari revenue generation
- April new car registration figures
- Is diesel doomed? Autocar thinks so...
- Low, low Suzuki Baleno
- Tesla. Again.
- Alfa Giulia first drives
- GM moving fast of autonomous cars
- McLaren P1 vs real life
- Phil Spectre's Evil Twin suggests F1 in central London. Again.
- How Williams F1's pit crew is helping premature babies in Wales
- Toyota's GT96 Shooting Break
See the full show notes for links and details!Read More
This week regular programming continues, with Alan and Andrew beating through the news of the week. The fact that this is "The Big Four Oh" went completely unnoticed...
- Porsche R&D Boss Reshuffle
- UK Government Vehicle "Surveillance Tests"
- Volvo to run Real-life autonomous vehicle usage trials in the UK
- Moscow FormulaE ePrix
- Sergio expands his Ferrari responsibilities
- 10 million European Toyotas
- Huge range improvements for the BMW i3
- Porsche's Panamera family for the family
- New TVR unveiling at the London Motor Show
- McLaren F1 for sale on the open market